|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||18928||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$65|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 5900
Vector typeMammalian Expression
Growth in Bacteria
Copy numberHigh Copy
Alt namebeta actin
SpeciesG. gallus (chicken)
Insert Size (bp)2480
Entrez GeneACTB (a.k.a. RCJMB04_4h19, Bact)
/ Fusion Protein
- His (N terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site SmaI (destroyed during cloning)
- 3′ cloning site Xmal (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer ggttcggcttctggcgtgtgacc
- 3′ sequencing primer TCC TTA AAC CTG TCT TGT AA (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
Synthetic construct fused with chicken actin.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pCAGGS-GCaMP2-actin was a gift from Karel Svoboda (Addgene plasmid # 18928 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:18928 ; RRID:Addgene_18928)
For your References section:Characterization and subcellular targeting of GCaMP-type genetically-encoded calcium indicators. Mao T, O'Connor DH, Scheuss V, Nakai J, Svoboda K. PLoS ONE. 2008 . 3(3):e1796. 10.1371/journal.pone.0001796 PubMed 18350138