|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||33359||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$65|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 4100
Vector typeMouse Targeting
Growth in Bacteria
Copy numberHigh Copy
Gene/Insert nameTetR cassette
Insert Size (bp)2400
/ Fusion Proteins
- FRT site (N terminal on insert)
- FRT site (C terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site none (unknown if destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site none (unknown if destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer M13 forward
- 3′ sequencing primer M13 reverse (Common Sequencing Primers)
Do not select for this plasmid with tetracycline, as we have found that the Tet resistance cassette does not work reliably in high-copy plasmids such as this one. The Tet cassette MUST be transferred to a low-copy vector, e.g. a BAC, to allow Tet resistance in a reliable fashion. In BAC clones the Tet cassette has been extremely reliable.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pFRT-Tet 129 was a gift from Doug Mortlock (Addgene plasmid # 33359 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:33359 ; RRID:Addgene_33359)
Map uploaded by the depositor.