News from Addgene: COVID-19 Updates
May 26, 2020
Addgene is open and shipping orders.
As we continue to monitor the changing COVID-19 situation, Addgene is committed to the health and safety of our employees and community. We have reduced our onsite staff and implemented physical distancing at our facility. We are basing our decisions on the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
We are currently processing and shipping orders and incoming deposits as quickly as possible. Additionally, we are prioritizing orders and deposits related to ongoing coronavirus and COVID-19 research. Please read the sections below for more information.
- You can continue to place new orders on our website. Orders will be processed as quickly as possible once the required Material Transfer Agreement has been approved.
- We will no longer automatically send an email to confirm if your institution is open.
- We are aware that some universities and institutions may be closed or may have reduced personnel to accept shipments. If possible, please avoid placing new orders until you are able to receive them. However, if you would like to place a hold on an order that has not yet shipped, please email [email protected].
- If your order has been previously placed on hold, please learn how to resolve your order hold.
- Scientists can continue to enter data for new plasmid deposits via the methods outlined on Addgene’s deposit page.
- If you would like to deposit materials related to coronavirus or COVID-19 research, please email us at [email protected].
Additional questions? Our customer support team is here to help. For answers to frequently asked questions please visit Addgene’s Help Center. For any other questions, please do not hesitate to email [email protected].
Looking for plasmids related to SARS-CoV-2 research? Check out our COVID-19 and Coronavirus Plasmids & Resources page.