Purpose3rd generation lenti vector encoding dCAS9-VP64 with 2A Blast resistance marker (EF1a-NLS-dCas9(N863)-VP64-2A-Blast-WPRE)
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||61425||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
|Concentrated Lentiviral Prep||61425-LVC||Virus (50µL at titer > 1×10⁷ TU/mL) and Plasmid.|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
Vector typeMammalian Expression, Lentiviral, CRISPR
Growth in Bacteria
Copy numberHigh Copy
Gene/Insert namedCAS9(D10A, N863A)-VP64_2A_Blast
SpeciesSynthetic; S. pyogenes
MutationD10A and N863A in Cas9
- Promoter EF1A
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site BsiWI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site EcoRI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer GTTTGGATCTTGGTTCATTCTCAAGCCTCAG
- 3′ sequencing primer cacatagcgtaaaaggagcaacatag (Common Sequencing Primers)
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you intend to order the SAM library, this plasmid will come included with that order. Please do NOT order this plasmid if you are already planning to order the SAM library.
For additional information, protocols and an activator sgRNA design tool, visit our website:
Information for Concentrated Lentiviral Prep (Catalog # 61425-LVC) ( Back to top )
Ready-to-use Concentrated Lentiviral Prep particles produced from lenti dCAS-VP64_Blast (#61425). In addition to the viral particles, you will also receive purified lenti dCAS-VP64_Blast plasmid DNA.
- Volume 50 µL
- Titer ≥1×10⁷ TU/mL
- Pricing $150 USD for preparation of 50 µL virus + $30 USD for plasmid.
- Storage Store at -80℃. Thaw just before use and keep on ice.
- Shipment Viral particles are shipped frozen on dry ice. Plasmid DNA (≥ 200ng) will also be included in the shipment.
Viral Production & Use
- Packaging Plasmids psPAX2 (plasmid #12260)
- Envelope pMD2.G (plasmid #12259)
- Buffer PBS
- Selectable Marker Blasticidin
- Purification Lentivirus was harvested from cell culture medium (DMEM + 10% FBS). Lentiviral particles were then collected by precipitation in polyethylene glycol (PEG) followed by centrifugation. Precipitated pellets containing viral particles were resuspended in PBS.
Requestor is responsible for compliance with their institution's biosafety regulations. Lentivirus is generally considered BSL-2. AAV is generally considered BSL-1, but may require BSL-2 handling depending on the insert. Biosafety Guide
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
Viral Quality Control
- Colony formation assay: A549 cells were transduced with serial dilutions of 61425-LVC and treated with blasticidin. Blasticidin-resistant colonies were expanded for approximately 2 weeks, stained with crystal violet, and counted. Read our colony formation titering assay protocol here.
- Quality control was performed on this lentiviral preparation prior to concentration. Results and explanations of quality control methods can be seen below in the Information for Lentiviral Prep section.
Visit our viral production page for more information.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:lenti dCAS-VP64_Blast was a gift from Feng Zhang (Addgene plasmid # 61425 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:61425 ; RRID:Addgene_61425)
For viral preps, please replace (Addgene plasmid # 61425) in the above sentence with: (Addgene viral prep # 61425-LVC)
For your References section:Genome-scale transcriptional activation by an engineered CRISPR-Cas9 complex. Konermann S, Brigham MD, Trevino AE, Joung J, Abudayyeh OO, Barcena C, Hsu PD, Habib N, Gootenberg JS, Nishimasu H, Nureki O, Zhang F. Nature. 2014 Dec 10. doi: 10.1038/nature14136. 10.1038/nature14136 PubMed 25494202