Addgene is now providing viral service to help facilitate scientific research. We know that viral production is a common step after requesting plasmids from Addgene, and by providing this service, we can save you time and help you get results faster.
Viral Service Information
- Viral Production: Our production process and quality control, with examples of quality control data.
- Ordering Instructions: Shipping, pricing, and payment information.
- Protocols: Written and video protocols for how to use your virus ad how to make your own virus.
- Recipient Instructions: What to do when you receive your virus from Addgene, with details about storage.
- Viral Service FAQ: Answers to commonly asked questions like "Why do I have to buy the virus-associated DNA?"
- Biosafety Guide: Documentation for your institutional biosafety office and your lab, information on biosafety features viral vectors, and general biosafety buidelines.
- Addgene Blog: Viral Vector Posts: Content from Addgene and scientists across the research community on various aspects of viral vectors, including troubleshooting advice and explanations of viral vector tecnologies.
Each viral service request will also include virus associated DNA, which is a sample of the purified DNA from the original plasmid that was used to make the virus. In order for Addgene to provide viral services to you, we must ensure that you have the right to use the original plasmid.
Distribution of the original plasmid is important because it is the actual material being referenced in the Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) and its inclusion is what gives you permission to use the plasmid.