Are you looking for a career in a mission-driven organization with a fun, enthusiastic, and collaborative environment? Check out our job openings below. We are a global, nonprofit plasmid repository dedicated to making it easier for scientists to share research materials.
Who We Are
Addgene is a thriving nonprofit founded in 2004 that facilitates biomedical research and discovery. Our biorepository stores, archives, and distributes DNA-based materials called plasmids for academic scientists around the world. Addgene's plasmid collection is used to advance research in a wide variety of disciplines, including cancer, heart disease, and neurodegenerative disorders.
We are a growing company offering opportunities for scientists and non-scientists alike to contribute to the scientific community.
Addgene is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Why Work Here
Addgene's culture of collaboration, initiative, and flexibility makes it an ideal place to work and contribute. Our energetic team is dedicated to the mission of the organization and to making a difference within not only the scientific community but also in the communities in which we live and work. Some reasons why you will want to consider a career at Addgene include:
We offer a comprehensive 100% company-paid benefit package that includes health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance. In addition, employees are encouraged to participate in an individual retirement account. We also offer flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care expenses. The cost of public transportation or parking is fully paid by the company.
Our generous and flexible paid time off practices help maintain work life balance while providing opportunities for relaxation, travel, and fun throughout the year. In addition to the 10-12 paid holidays each year, we offer vacation, personal and sick time as well as winter break. We also offer paid parental leave.
Collaborative Team Environment
We have a casual work atmosphere where everyone’s opinions and ideas are valued. We offer opportunities to work on and lead projects in a variety of areas.
Professional Development Opportunities
We encourage professional development for our employees and provide support to take advantage of such opportunities. We host professional development discussion groups, offer on-site training, and make funding available for outside programs. Departmental career ladders allow opportunities for advancement and goal-oriented performance discussions take place at least annually.
Fun Events & Activities
We encourage and support team building activities both within and outside of the workplace, including volunteer projects, book club, cook-offs, trivia nights, and sporting events. We celebrate birthdays, work anniversaries, and successes.
Our office is conveniently located at 75 Sidney Street in Cambridge, MA close to Central Square. Employees have the opportunity to enjoy many amenities that this dynamic and thriving area offers.
*Please note benefits may differ for part time employees.
Current Job Openings
Accounts Receivable Analyst
In this role, you will be working closely with our Accounting Manager and office team on cross functional issues. This is a terrific opportunity to join a dynamic team and to contribute to an important resource for the scientific community. Candidates should be self-motivated, organized individuals who can work independently with attention to deadlines.
- Manages account receivable collections and processes.
- Processes daily receivables, including checks, bank transfers, and credit cards. Oversees electronic and paper invoicing.
- Interacts with customers via phone and email to answer questions about payments and to resolve problems.
- Work closely with Accounting Manager to track and resolve AR issues.
- Initiates and leads projects to improve AR collections and general accounting processes.
- Organizes and maintains accounting protocols and AR files.
- Possible opportunity for special cross-team projects.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Some accounting/finance experience, preferably in the nonprofit or internet retail sectors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Experience with general computer software, including MS Office and web applications
- Experience with accounting software, working knowledge of Net Suite (or equivalent) web-based accounting software preferred
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Only applications with a cover letter AND resume will be considered.