Are you looking for a career in a mission-driven organization with a fun, enthusiastic, and collaborative environment? Check out our job openings below. We are a global, nonprofit plasmid repository dedicated to making it easier for scientists to share research materials.
Who We Are
Addgene is a thriving nonprofit founded in 2004 that facilitates biomedical research and discovery. Our biorepository stores, archives, and distributes DNA-based materials called plasmids for academic scientists around the world. Addgene's plasmid collection is used to advance research in a wide variety of disciplines, including cancer, heart disease, and neurodegenerative disorders.
We are a growing company offering opportunities for scientists and non-scientists alike to contribute to the scientific community.
Addgene is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Why Work Here
Addgene's culture of collaboration, initiative, and flexibility makes it an ideal place to work and contribute. Our energetic team is dedicated to the mission of the organization and to making a difference within not only the scientific community but also in the communities in which we live and work. Some reasons why you will want to consider a career at Addgene include:
We offer a comprehensive 100% company-paid benefit package that includes health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance. In addition, employees are encouraged to participate in an individual retirement account. We also offer flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care expenses. The cost of public transportation or parking is fully paid by the company.
Our generous and flexible paid time off practices help maintain work life balance while providing opportunities for relaxation, travel, and fun throughout the year. In addition to the 10-12 paid holidays each year, we offer vacation, personal and sick time as well as winter break. We also offer paid parental leave.
Collaborative Team Environment
We have a casual work atmosphere where everyone’s opinions and ideas are valued. We offer opportunities to work on and lead projects in a variety of areas.
Professional Development Opportunities
We encourage professional development for our employees and provide support to take advantage of such opportunities. We host professional development discussion groups, offer on-site training, and make funding available for outside programs. Departmental career ladders allow opportunities for advancement and goal-oriented performance discussions take place at least annually.
Fun Events & Activities
We encourage and support team building activities both within and outside of the workplace, including volunteer projects, book club, cook-offs, trivia nights, and sporting events. We celebrate birthdays, work anniversaries, and successes.
Our office is conveniently located at 75 Sidney Street in Cambridge, MA close to Central Square. Employees have the opportunity to enjoy many amenities that this dynamic and thriving area offers.
*Please note benefits may differ for part time employees.
Current Job Openings
Part-time Order Processing Assistant (20 hours per week)
In this position, you will assist the laboratory staff as requested and directed with preparing and packaging plasmid orders. You will spend approximately 75% of your time packaging orders and 25% of your time may be spent in the lab.
- Prepare samples for shipment, print order fulfillment documents, and package samples into boxes for shipment
- Prepare and dispense media using sterile techniques
- Assist with other routine lab operation tasks as instructed
- Interest in life sciences industry
- Familiarity with pipetting and using sterile, aseptic technique preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with general computer software, including MS Office and web applications
- Self-motivated, organized, able to work independently
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English; strong written and oral communication skills required
- Must be able to lift and move up to 25 lbs
Monday-Friday; 9am – 1:00pm
Please send brief cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applications with a cover letter AND resume will be considered.
Part Time Outreach and Data Collection Assistant
Addgene is currently seeking an individual to support initiatives focused on helping to grow Addgene’s library of plasmid samples. The Outreach and Data Collection Assistant will facilitate efforts to increase awareness and engagement in the scientific community by identifying and curating potential participants for the repository through strategies including browsing university websites. The Outreach and Data Collection Assistant will help to foster Addgene’s community of depositing scientists through additional administrative tasks including organizing contact information and assembling packages to mail to Addgene’s deposit scientist community.
- Collect contact information and organize results in MS Excel and/or Google applications
- Write notes and assemble packages for mailing to members of Addgene’s community of depositing scientists
- Assist with Outreach assignments and projects as needed
- Position is 16 hours per week with possibility of occasional opportunities up to 20 hours per week
- Hours are flexible within normal business hours (Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm)
Candidates should be self-motivated, organized individuals who can work independently with attention to deadlines.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Experience with general computer software, including MS Office (including MS Excel), Google applications, and web applications
- Experience with college level biology courses desirable but not required
Please send a brief cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Only applications with a cover letter AND resume will be considered.