Guide to: Analyze Sequence
To analyze a sequence, paste your sequence into the box, then click Submit. You will have the following options:
- Enter a new sequence link: Start over
Map and Features tab:
- This link will show a map of your sequence, with features and restriction sites listed below the map. Only commonly used enzymes are displayed. Use the links at the bottom to show or hide features.
- FASTA: View your sequence in FASTA format (not numbered).
- GenBank: View your sequence in GenBank format (features listed, numbered).
- Reverse Complement: View the reverse complement of your sequence.
- Determine what your sequence encodes by using BLASTN to search for a DNA match or BLASTX to search for a protein match.
- Compare your sequence to another sequence.
- View restriction sites in your sequence. View unique cutters, non-cutters, and expected cut sites.
- View open reading frames in your sequence with common tags highlighted. Also see a translation of your sequence in all reading frames.