Start Your Plasmid Deposit
To start depositing plasmids, please log in to your account.Log in to start deposit
New to Addgene? Create an account here.
There are several options for submitting plasmid data:
Submit Plasmids from a Published Article
- Look up your article as you would search on PubMed (i.e. title, author, or PMID).
- No PubMed ID yet? Please use the pre-publication/unpublished submission option below.
- Addgene will provide links from your plasmids to this article.
- Scientists will be asked to cite this article in future publications.
- Must be logged in to start deposit.
Submit Pre-Publication or Unpublished Plasmids
Addgene encourages submitting pre-publication plasmids so they can be available online when the paper is published.
Plasmids can be linked to a peer-reviewed manuscript OR a preprint. In the case of preprint submission, we are happy to update the publication information once the manuscript is published in a peer-reviewed journal.
Submit Plasmids Using a Spreadsheet
- Recommended for depositing 10 or more similar plasmids.
- Copy and paste your plasmid data directly into our file.
- Email the spreadsheet back to us at [email protected] along with:
- Addgene account username. In order for the plasmids to appear in your Addgene account under My Plasmids, we need to know your Addgene account username.
- Plasmid sequences or GenBank files. We can accept sequence files in any format. We encourage submission of QUEEN-generated GenBank files (Mori and Yachie, 2021).
- Distribution status for your plasmids - Hold for Publication or Distribute pending QC.
- The name of the Principal Investigator and Organization where these constructs were first created.