Backbone manufacturerMaurer lab
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 4265
- Total vector size (bp) 4517
Modifications to backboneBackbone derived from pRSV-globin
Vector typeMammalian Expression
Growth in Bacteria
Copy numberHigh Copy
Gene/Insert namecAMP-dependent protein kinase inhibitor alpha
Alt namePKI alpha
Insert Size (bp)250
- Promoter RSV
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site HindIII (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site NotI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer CGATACAATAAACGCCATTTGA (Common Sequencing Primers)
Derived from RSV-PKI constructed by the Maurer lab and described in Day et al., J. Biol. Chem. 264, 431-436, 1989. Altered to add a Kozak consensus translation initiation sequence and also the ori was changed to yield high copy number in E coli.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pRSV-PKI-v2 was a gift from Richard Maurer (Addgene plasmid # 45066)
Map generated by Addgene from full sequence supplied by depositor.
Map uploaded by the depositor.