pOTTC1032 - pAAV EF1a Nuc-flox(mCherry)-EGFP
PurposeAn AAV vector that expresses a Cre-dependent nuclear-localized Red to Green Fluorescent protein
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||112677||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$65|
|AAV Retrograde||112677-AAVrg||Virus (100 µL at titer ≥ 7×10¹² vg/mL)|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
Backbone manufacturerNIDA OTTC
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 5500
- Total vector size (bp) 6937
Growth in Bacteria
Growth Strain(s)NEB Stable
Copy numberLow Copy
Gene/Insert nameNuclear-localized floxed-mCherry EGFP
- Promoter EF1a
/ Fusion Protein
- Nuclear localization signal (N terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Ligation Independent Cloning
- 5′ sequencing primer EF1a F1
- 3′ sequencing primer WPRE R1 (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
Information for AAV Retrograde (Catalog # 112677-AAVrg) ( Back to top )
Ready-to-use AAV Retrograde particles produced from pOTTC1032 - pAAV EF1a Nuc-flox(mCherry)-EGFP (#112677). In addition to the viral particles, you will also receive purified pOTTC1032 - pAAV EF1a Nuc-flox(mCherry)-EGFP plasmid DNA.EF1a-driven, Cre-dependent color switch. This AAV directs expression of nuclear mCherry in the absence of Cre. In the presence of Cre, nuclear EGFP (and not mCherry) will be expressed. These AAV were produced with a retrograde serotype, which permits retrograde access to projection neurons. These AAV preparations are suitable purity for injection into animals.
- Volume 100 µL
- Titer ≥ 7×10¹² vg/mL
- Pricing $350 USD for preparation of 100 µL virus + $30 USD for plasmid.
- Storage Store at -80℃. Thaw just before use and keep on ice.
- Shipment Viral particles are shipped frozen on dry ice. Plasmid DNA (≥ 200ng) will also be included in the shipment.
Viral Production & Use
- Packaging Plasmids encode adenoviral helper sequences and AAV rep gene, AAV retrograde cap gene from rAAV2-retro helper (plasmid #81070)
- Buffer PBS + 0.001% Pluronic F-68 + 200 mM NaCl
- Serotype AAV retrograde (AAVrg)
- Purification Iodixanol gradient ultracentrifugation
- Reporter Gene NLS-mCherry in Cre-negative cells. NLS-EGFP in Cre-positive cells.
Requestor is responsible for compliance with their institution's biosafety regulations. Lentivirus is generally considered BSL-2. AAV is generally considered BSL-1, but may require BSL-2 handling depending on the insert. Biosafety Guide
Terms and Licenses
Viral Quality Control
- Addgene ensures high quality viral vectors by optimizing and standardizing production protocols and performing rigorous quality control (QC) (see a list of our QC assays). The specific QC assays performed varies for each viral lot. To learn which specific QC assays were performed on your lot, please contact us.
- Titer: the exact titer of your sample will be reported on the tube. The titer you see listed on this page is the guaranteed minimum titer. See how titers are measured.
Visit our viral production page for more information.
Addgene CommentsRetrograde functionality is dependent on high viral titers. Addgene recommends not diluting your AAV preps prior to use.
Using FLEX vectors in vivo: LoxP sites in FLEX plasmids are known to recombine during DNA amplification and viral vector production, which may result in a minority of Cre-activated (i.e., "flipped") viral vectors. Addgene has measured this occurs in 0.01-0.03% of viral vectors in our typical production protocol. This can lead to a small number of cells exhibiting Cre-independent transgene expression in vivo. To address this, we recommend titrating to find the optimal AAV dosage required for Cre-dependent transgene expression and function in vivo. This may include reducing the viral vector dosage in order to reduce the likelihood of Cre-independent expression.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pOTTC1032 - pAAV EF1a Nuc-flox(mCherry)-EGFP was a gift from Brandon Harvey (Addgene plasmid # 112677 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:112677 ; RRID:Addgene_112677)
For viral preps, please replace (Addgene plasmid # 112677) in the above sentence with: (Addgene viral prep # 112677-AAVrg)
For your References section:Neuron-Specific Genome Modification in the Adult Rat Brain Using CRISPR-Cas9 Transgenic Rats. Back S, Necarsulmer J, Whitaker LR, Coke LM, Koivula P, Heathward EJ, Fortuno LV, Zhang Y, Yeh CG, Baldwin HA, Spencer MD, Mejias-Aponte CA, Pickel J, Hoffman AF, Spivak CE, Lupica CR, Underhill SM, Amara SG, Domanskyi A, Anttila JE, Airavaara M, Hope BT, Hamra FK, Richie CT, Harvey BK. Neuron. 2019 Feb 8. pii: S0896-6273(19)30062-5. doi: 10.1016/j.neuron.2019.01.035. 10.1016/j.neuron.2019.01.035 PubMed 30792150