|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||14892||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$65|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
Vector backbonepBad/His B
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 4100
Vector typeBacterial Expression
Growth in Bacteria
Copy numberLow Copy
Alt namemKalama1 blue fluorescent protein
Speciesevolved fluorescent protein
Insert Size (bp)720
MutationThe fluorescent protein was inserted between XhoI and EcoR1 of pBad/His B. There is an extra 'C' after XhoI to avoid the frameshift.
/ Fusion Protein
- His (N terminal on backbone)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site XhoI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site EcoRI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer ATGCCATAGCATTTTTATCC
- 3′ sequencing primer GATTTAATCTGTATCAGG (Common Sequencing Primers)
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pBad-mKalama1 was a gift from Robert Campbell (Addgene plasmid # 14892)
For your References section:Exploration of New Chromophore Structures Leads to the Identification of Improved Blue Fluorescent Proteins. Ai HW, Shaner NC, Cheng Z, Tsien RY, Campbell RE. Biochemistry. 2007 Apr 20. ():. 10.1021/bi700199g PubMed 17444659