DECIPHER Lentiviral shRNA Library, Human Mod 2: Disease Targets
Backbone manufacturerCellecta , Available from Addgene (#28289)
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 7500
Vector typeMammalian Expression, Lentiviral, RNAi
Growth in Bacteria
Growth instructionsPlasmids need to be grown in OmniMAX 2 T1R (Life Technologies) or SURE (Agilent) Recombination defective E.coli cells
Full plasmid sequence is available only if provided by the depositing laboratory.
Gene/Insert nameDisease Targets
Alt name5,412 targets; 27,500 shRNAs
SpeciesH. sapiens (human)
Insert Size (bp)108
MutationBar-code downstream of shRNA
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site BbsI (BpiI) (destroyed during cloning)
- 3′ cloning site BbsI (BpiI) (destroyed during cloning)
- 5′ sequencing primer FwdU6 (CAAGGCTGTTAGAGAGATAATTGGAA) (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Life Technologies Corporation End-User Label License for the use of Cellecta Lentiviral Expression System
- Evrogen IP JSC End User Label License for the use of Cellecta lentiviral shRNA constructs comprising TagRFP-encoded gene
- Cellecta Lentiviral Pooled Plasmid and Packaged shRNA Libraries Limited Use Label License
- Cellecta Lentiviral Pooled Plasmid and Packaged shRNA Libraries Ancillary Agreement
- Agilent Technologies Inc End User Label License for the use of Cellecta shRNA libraries comprising Oligo Pools
Library is supplied as 120μl of DNA at 1.0μg/μl
DECIPHER libraries are bar-coded lentiviral shRNA libraries optimized for RNAi Genetic Screens in pooled format. Human Module 2 can be used for the more comprehensive follow-up screens or simply be done in parallel. There are approximately 10,000 genes that have an Entrez/RefSeq ID and at least one interaction documented in PubMed and cover the majority of disease-associated genes and drug targets. About half of these are included in Module 1 while Module 2 covers the rest.
PLEASE NOTE: The DECIPHER shRNA are designed for target mRNA associated with the RefSeq#, not the HUGO gene symbol. We can't guarantee that the gene symbols indicated are accurate, as there may be synonyms, nomenclature updates/changes, or other discrepancies in naming that are beyond our control. Please see the HUGO Gene Nomenclature Committee website at http://www.genenames.org/hgnc-guidelines for more information.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:DECIPHER Lentiviral shRNA Library, Human Mod 2: Disease Targets was a gift from Alex Chenchik & Gus Frangou (Addgene plasmid # 28286)
Map uploaded by the depositor.