PurposePlasmid expresses endoplasmic reticulum targeted mRFP in mammalian cells.
Full plasmid sequence is not available for this item.
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||62236||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
Vector backboneclontech C1
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 4000
- Total vector size (bp) 4800
Modifications to backbonenone
Vector typeMammalian Expression
Growth in Bacteria
Copy numberHigh Copy
Insert Size (bp)801
- Promoter cmv
/ Fusion Protein
- mRFP1 (C terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site Nhe1 (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site BamHI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer tggtttagtgaaccgt
- 3′ sequencing primer GTTCAGGGGGAGGTGTG (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
Articles Citing this Plasmid
Red localization marker for mammalian endoplasmic reticulum.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:ER-mRFP was a gift from Erik Snapp (Addgene plasmid # 62236 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:62236 ; RRID:Addgene_62236)
For your References section:Monitoring chaperone engagement of substrates in the endoplasmic reticulum of live cells. Snapp EL, Sharma A, Lippincott-Schwartz J, Hegde RS. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006 Apr 25;103(17):6536-41. Epub 2006 Apr 14. 10.1073/pnas.0510657103 PubMed 16617114