PurposeChR2-mCherry fusion expression in forebrain GABA-ergic interneurons under the control of the mDlx enhancer element
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||83898||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
|AAV Retrograde||83898-AAVrg||Virus (100 µL at titer ≥ 7×10¹² vg/mL)|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
Vector typeMammalian Expression, AAV
Growth in Bacteria
Copy numberHigh Copy
- Promoter mDlx
- Cloning method Gibson Cloning
- 5′ sequencing primer chim-int-F (5'-TCTTACTGACATCCACTTTGCC-3')
- 3′ sequencing primer WPRE-R (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
Information for AAV Retrograde (Catalog # 83898-AAVrg) ( Back to top )
Ready-to-use AAV Retrograde particles produced from pAAV-mDlx-ChR2-mCherry-Fishell-3 (#83898). In addition to the viral particles, you will also receive purified pAAV-mDlx-ChR2-mCherry-Fishell-3 plasmid DNA.mDlx-driven expression of ChR2 fused to mCherry. These AAV were produced with a retrograde serotype, which permits retrograde access to projection neurons. These AAV preparations are suitable purity for injection into animals.
- Volume 100 µL
- Titer ≥ 7×10¹² vg/mL
- Pricing $350 USD for preparation of 100 µL virus + $30 USD for plasmid.
- Storage Store at -80℃. Thaw just before use and keep on ice.
- Shipment Viral particles are shipped frozen on dry ice. Plasmid DNA (≥ 200ng) will also be included in the shipment.
Viral Production & Use
Requestor is responsible for compliance with their institution's biosafety regulations. Lentivirus is generally considered BSL-2. AAV is generally considered BSL-1, but may require BSL-2 handling depending on the insert. Biosafety Guide
Terms and Licenses
Viral Quality Control
- Addgene ensures high quality viral vectors by optimizing and standardizing production protocols and performing rigorous quality control (QC) (see a list of our QC assays). The specific QC assays performed varies for each viral lot. To learn which specific QC assays were performed on your lot, please contact us.
- Titer: the exact titer of your sample will be reported on the tube. The titer you see listed on this page is the guaranteed minimum titer. See how titers are measured.
Visit our viral production page for more information.
Addgene CommentsRetrograde functionality is dependent on high viral titers. Addgene recommends not diluting your AAV preps prior to use.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pAAV-mDlx-ChR2-mCherry-Fishell-3 was a gift from Gordon Fishell (Addgene plasmid # 83898 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:83898 ; RRID:Addgene_83898)
For viral preps, please replace (Addgene plasmid # 83898) in the above sentence with: (Addgene viral prep # 83898-AAVrg)
For your References section:A viral strategy for targeting and manipulating interneurons across vertebrate species. Dimidschstein J, Chen Q, Tremblay R, Rogers SL, Saldi GA, Guo L, Xu Q, Liu R, Lu C, Chu J, Avery MC, Rashid MS, Baek M, Jacob AL, Smith GB, Wilson DE, Kosche G, Kruglikov I, Rusielewicz T, Kotak VC, Mowery TM, Anderson SA, Callaway EM, Dasen JS, Fitzpatrick D, Fossati V, Long MA, Noggle S, Reynolds JH, Sanes DH, Rudy B, Feng G, Fishell G. Nat Neurosci. 2016 Oct 31. doi: 10.1038/nn.4430. 10.1038/nn.4430 PubMed 27798629