PurposeAAV expression of GFP spaghetti monster myc construct
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||98926||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$65|
Limited Stock Available, 1 unit left
Virus (100 µL at titer ≥ 1×10¹³ vg/mL)
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
Vector typeMammalian Expression, AAV
Growth in Bacteria
Growth Strain(s)NEB Stable
- Promoter CBA
- Cloning method Unknown
Terms and Licenses
Penn Vector Core PV3511
Information for AAV1 (Catalog # 98926-AAV1) ( Back to top )
Ready-to-use AAV1 particles produced from pAAV.CAG.GFPsm-myc.WPRE.SV40 (#98926). In addition to the viral particles, you will also receive purified pAAV.CAG.GFPsm-myc.WPRE.SV40 plasmid DNA.CAG-driven expression of GFPsm-myc spaghetti monster construct. Spaghetti monster constructs are not fluorescent ("dark") to allow full range of antibody staining. These AAV preparations are suitable purity for injection into animals.
- Volume 100 µL
- Titer ≥ 1×10¹³ vg/mL
- Pricing $350 USD for preparation of 100 µL virus + $30 USD for plasmid.
- Storage Store at -80℃. Thaw just before use and keep on ice.
- Shipment Viral particles are shipped frozen on dry ice. Plasmid DNA (≥ 200ng) will also be included in the shipment.
Viral Production & Use
- Packaging Plasmids encode adenoviral helper sequences and AAV rep gene, AAV1 cap gene
- Buffer PBS + 0.001% Pluronic F-68
- Serotype AAV1
- Purification Iodixanol gradient ultracentrifugation
- Reporter Gene GFPsm-myc spaghetti monster construct
Requestor is responsible for compliance with their institution's biosafety regulations. Lentivirus is generally considered BSL-2. AAV is generally considered BSL-1, but may require BSL-2 handling depending on the insert. Biosafety Guide
Viral Quality Control
- Addgene ensures high quality viral vectors by optimizing and standardizing production protocols and performing rigorous quality control (QC) (see a list of our QC assays). The specific QC assays performed varies for each viral lot. To learn which specific QC assays were performed on your lot, please contact us.
- Titer: the exact titer of your sample will be reported on the tube. The titer you see listed on this page is the guaranteed minimum titer. See how titers are measured.
Visit our viral production page for more information.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pAAV.CAG.GFPsm-myc.WPRE.SV40 was a gift from Loren Looger (Addgene plasmid # 98926 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:98926 ; RRID:Addgene_98926)
For viral preps, please replace (Addgene plasmid # 98926) in the above sentence with: (Addgene viral prep # 98926-AAV1)
For your References section:High-performance probes for light and electron microscopy. Viswanathan S, Williams ME, Bloss EB, Stasevich TJ, Speer CM, Nern A, Pfeiffer BD, Hooks BM, Li WP, English BP, Tian T, Henry GL, Macklin JJ, Patel R, Gerfen CR, Zhuang X, Wang Y, Rubin GM, Looger LL. Nat Methods. 2015 Jun;12(6):568-76. doi: 10.1038/nmeth.3365. Epub 2015 Apr 27. 10.1038/nmeth.3365 PubMed 25915120