PurposeElectrophysiology in mammalian cells: Mammalian expression of voltage gated sodium channel and GFP
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||100004||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$85|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
Vector backbonepTracer-CMV2, IRES GFP
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 6200
- Total vector size (bp) 7100
Vector typeMammalian Expression
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Ampicillin, 100 μg/mL
Copy numberHigh Copy
Gene/Insert nameHis-NavMs, Voltage gated sodium channel
Insert Size (bp)882
MutationC-terminus from a codon-optimized synthetic gene, starting at residue H237
- Promoter CMV
/ Fusion Protein
- Hexa-His tag followed by a thrombin cleavage site (N terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site EcoRI (unknown if destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site NotI (unknown if destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer Unknown (Common Sequencing Primers)
Article Citing this Plasmid
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
Note: The GFP variant in this plasmid is missing the last five amino acids compared to the closest reference sequence (AAC53663.1). The depositor has confirmed that this does not impact plasmid function.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:His-NavMs was a gift from Paul DeCaen (Addgene plasmid # 100004 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:100004 ; RRID:Addgene_100004)
For your References section:The complete structure of an activated open sodium channel. Sula A, Booker J, Ng LC, Naylor CE, DeCaen PG, Wallace BA. Nat Commun. 2017 Feb 16;8:14205. doi: 10.1038/ncomms14205. 10.1038/ncomms14205 PubMed 28205548