PurposeAAV-mediated expression of ChrimsonR-tdTomato under the CAG promoter in frt/reversed (Flp-dependent) manner. tdTomato has codons varied to reduce recombination.
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||130909||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$85|
|AAV8||130909-AAV8||Virus (100 µL at titer ≥ 1×10¹³ vg/mL) and Plasmid.||$405|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 4906
- Total vector size (bp) 7402
Vector typeMammalian Expression, AAV
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Ampicillin, 100 μg/mL
Growth Strain(s)NEB Stable
Growth instructionsCan use DH5alpha at 37°C or Stbl3 at 30°C. Carbenicillin is preferred over ampicillin. In DH5alpha this plasmid may act more like a high copy plasmid, although in Stbl3 it may act more like a low copy plasmid.
Copy numberHigh Copy
Alt nameChrimson K176R mutant- tdTomato
Alt nameChlamydomonas noctigama channelrhodopsin K176R mutant-tdTomato
SpeciesSynthetic; Chlamydomonas noctigama
Insert Size (bp)2496
MutationChrimson K176R mutant
- Promoter CAG
/ Fusion Protein
- tdTomato (codon diversified version) (C terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site EcoRI (unknown if destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site BamHI (unknown if destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer gtgaccggcggctctagagc
- 3′ sequencing primer cattaaagcagcgtatccac (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
The plasmid is fully sequenced in the coding sequence regions (opsin-fluorophore and important flanking regions). Multiple digestions were done to verify the vector structure. The construct and the virus were both tested in vitro.
Information for AAV8 (Catalog # 130909-AAV8) ( Back to top )
Ready-to-use AAV8 particles produced from AAV-CAG-FLPX-rc [ChrimsonR-tdTomato] (#130909). In addition to the viral particles, you will also receive purified AAV-CAG-FLPX-rc [ChrimsonR-tdTomato] plasmid DNA.CAG-driven, Flp-dependent expression of ChrimsonR-tdTomato. These AAV preparations are suitable purity for injection into animals.
- Volume 100 µL
- Titer ≥ 1×10¹³ vg/mL
- Pricing $375 USD for preparation of 100 µL virus + $30 USD for plasmid.
- Storage Store at -80℃. Thaw just before use and keep on ice.
- Shipment Viral particles are shipped frozen on dry ice. Plasmid DNA (≥ 200ng) will also be included in the shipment.
Viral Production & Use
- Packaging Plasmids encode adenoviral helper sequences and AAV rep gene, AAV8 cap gene
- Buffer PBS + 0.001% Pluronic F-68
- Serotype AAV8
- Purification Iodixanol gradient ultracentrifugation
- Reporter Gene tdTomato (Flp-dependent)
Requestor is responsible for compliance with their institution's biosafety regulations. Lentivirus is generally considered BSL-2. AAV is generally considered BSL-1, but may require BSL-2 handling depending on the insert. Biosafety Guide
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
Viral Quality Control
- Addgene ensures high quality viral vectors by optimizing and standardizing production protocols and performing rigorous quality control (QC) (see a list of our QC assays). The specific QC assays performed varies for each viral lot. To learn which specific QC assays were performed on your lot, please contact us.
- Titer: the exact titer of your sample will be reported on the tube. The titer you see listed on this page is the guaranteed minimum titer. See how titers are measured.
Visit our viral production page for more information.
Using recombinase-dependent vectors in vivo: FRT sites in fDIO plasmids are known to recombine during DNA amplification and viral vector production, which may result in a minority of Flp-activated (i.e., "flipped") viral vectors. Addgene has measured this occurs in 0.1-0.8% of viral particles in our typical production protocol. This can lead to a small number of cells exhibiting Flp-independent transgene expression in vivo. To address this, it is necessary to optimize the injection volume and viral titer to find the optimal AAV dosage required for Flp-dependent transgene expression and function in vivo. This may include reducing the viral particle dosage in order to reduce the likelihood of Flp-independent expression.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:AAV-CAG-FLPX-rc [ChrimsonR-tdTomato] was a gift from Edward Boyden (Addgene plasmid # 130909 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:130909 ; RRID:Addgene_130909)
For viral preps, please replace (Addgene plasmid # 130909) in the above sentence with: (Addgene viral prep # 130909-AAV8)
For your References section:Independent optical excitation of distinct neural populations. Klapoetke NC, Murata Y, Kim SS, Pulver SR, Birdsey-Benson A, Cho YK, Morimoto TK, Chuong AS, Carpenter EJ, Tian Z, Wang J, Xie Y, Yan Z, Zhang Y, Chow BY, Surek B, Melkonian M, Jayaraman V, Constantine-Paton M, Wong GK, Boyden ES. Nat Methods. 2014 Mar;11(3):338-46. doi: 10.1038/nmeth.2836. Epub 2014 Feb 9. 10.1038/nmeth.2836 PubMed 24509633