|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||45497||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 4151
- Total vector size (bp) 6766
Vector typeMammalian Expression
Selectable markersNeomycin (select with G418)
Growth in Bacteria
Gene/Insert name2.5kb mouse Nkx2.5 enhancer and promoter fragment
SpeciesM. musculus (mouse)
Insert Size (bp)2500
Entrez GeneNkx2-5 (a.k.a. Cs, Csx, Nkx-2., Nkx-2.5, Nkx2., Nkx2.5, ti, tinman)
- Promoter 2.5kb Nkx2.5 enhancer and promoter fragment
/ Fusion Protein
- EGFP (C terminal on backbone)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site SacI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site KpnI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer pBR322ori-F
- 3′ sequencing primer EGFP-N; SV40-pA-R (Common Sequencing Primers)
A portion of this plasmid was derived from a plasmid made by2.1 kb murine Nkx2.5 enhancer fragment from Dr. Eric Olson, UT Southwestern, Dallas, TX, by MTA with Children's Hospital, Boston, MA.
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
Alternate plasmid name: Nkx2.5 cardiac enhancer-base promoter-eGFP
The full plasmid sequence is approximate and may not be entirely accurate.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pNkx-GFP was a gift from Sean Wu (Addgene plasmid # 45497 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:45497 ; RRID:Addgene_45497)
For your References section:Developmental origin of a bipotential myocardial and smooth muscle cell precursor in the mammalian heart. Wu SM, Fujiwara Y, Cibulsky SM, Clapham DE, Lien CL, Schultheiss TM, Orkin SH. Cell. 2006 Dec 15;127(6):1137-50. Epub 2006 Nov 22. 10.1016/j.cell.2006.10.028 PubMed 17123591