PurposeThis plasmid expresses the full-length human TET1 gene with a Flag and HA tag.
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||49792||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 6200
- Total vector size (bp) 12692
Vector typeMammalian Expression
Selectable markersNeomycin (select with G418)
Growth in Bacteria
Gene/Insert nameTet methylcytosine dioxygenase 1
SpeciesH. sapiens (human)
Insert Size (bp)6492
Entrez GeneTET1 (a.k.a. CXXC6, LCX, bA119F7.1)
- Promoter EF-1alpha
/ Fusion Proteins
- Flag (N terminal on insert)
- HA (N terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site KpnI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site XbaI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer T7 promoter
- 3′ sequencing primer BGH Reverse (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
Please note that compared to GenBank reference sequence NM_030625.2, the TET1 insert in this plasmid contains a SNP at amino acid 1123. The resulting I1223M amino acid change does not affect TET1 expression or catalytic activity.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:FH-TET1-pEF was a gift from Anjana Rao (Addgene plasmid # 49792 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:49792 ; RRID:Addgene_49792)
For your References section:Conversion of 5-methylcytosine to 5-hydroxymethylcytosine in mammalian DNA by MLL partner TET1. Tahiliani M, Koh KP, Shen Y, Pastor WA, Bandukwala H, Brudno Y, Agarwal S, Iyer LM, Liu DR, Aravind L, Rao A. Science. 2009 May 15;324(5929):930-5. Epub 2009 Apr 16. 10.1126/science.1170116 PubMed 19372391