PurposeTo express Gal4 in the pattern of the Drosophila melanogaster odorant receptor Or22c, using the promoter sequences of the gene cloned 5' of Gal4
Full plasmid sequence is not available for this item.
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||63024||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$85|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
Backbone manufacturerLeslie Vosshall Lab
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 12000
Vector typeInsect Expression
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Ampicillin, 100 μg/mL
Gene/Insert nameDrosophila melanogaster Or22c promoter
SpeciesD. melanogaster (fly)
Insert Size (bp)7156
/ Fusion Protein
- Drosophila ADH (aa's 1-18) fused to Yeast Gal4 (aa's 1-881) (C terminal on backbone)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site NotI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site NotI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer pCasper-F 5'-gggttttattaacttacat-3'
- 3′ sequencing primer GAL4Nterm-R 5'-tcagatgtgccctagtcagc-3' (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:Or22c-Gal4 was a gift from Leslie Vosshall (Addgene plasmid # 63024 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:63024 ; RRID:Addgene_63024)
For your References section:Chemotaxis behavior mediated by single larval olfactory neurons in Drosophila. Fishilevich E, Domingos AI, Asahina K, Naef F, Vosshall LB, Louis M. Curr Biol. 2005 Dec 6;15(23):2086-96. 10.1016/j.cub.2005.11.016 PubMed 16332533