PurposeAAV expression of Twitch2B driven from hSyn1 promoter. Twitch 2B is a fluorescent reporter for calcium signaling
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||100040||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
|AAV1||100040-AAV1||Virus (100 µL at titer ≥ 1×10¹³ vg/mL) and Plasmid.|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
Vector typeMammalian Expression, AAV
Growth in Bacteria
Growth Strain(s)NEB Stable
- Promoter hSyn1
- Cloning method Unknown
- 5′ sequencing primer unknown (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
Penn Vector Core p3409
Information for AAV1 (Catalog # 100040-AAV1) ( Back to top )
Ready-to-use AAV1 particles produced from pAAV.hSyn1.Twitch2B.WPRE.SV40 (#100040). In addition to the viral particles, you will also receive purified pAAV.hSyn1.Twitch2B.WPRE.SV40 plasmid DNA.Synapsin-driven expression of (FRET)-based calcium biosensor Twitch2B. These AAV preparations are suitable purity for injection into animals.
- Volume 100 µL
- Titer ≥ 1×10¹³ vg/mL
- Pricing $350 USD for preparation of 100 µL virus + $30 USD for plasmid.
- Storage Store at -80℃. Thaw just before use and keep on ice.
- Shipment Viral particles are shipped frozen on dry ice. Plasmid DNA (≥ 200ng) will also be included in the shipment.
Viral Production & Use
- Packaging Plasmids encode adenoviral helper sequences and AAV rep gene, AAV1 cap gene
- Buffer PBS + 0.001% Pluronic F-68
- Serotype AAV1
- Purification Iodixanol gradient ultracentrifugation
Requestor is responsible for compliance with their institution's biosafety regulations. Lentivirus is generally considered BSL-2. AAV is generally considered BSL-1, but may require BSL-2 handling depending on the insert. Biosafety Guide
Viral Quality Control
- Addgene ensures high quality viral vectors by optimizing and standardizing production protocols and performing rigorous quality control (QC) (see a list of our QC assays). The specific QC assays performed varies for each viral lot. To learn which specific QC assays were performed on your lot, please contact us.
- Titer: the exact titer of your sample will be reported on the tube. The titer you see listed on this page is the guaranteed minimum titer. See how titers are measured.
Visit our viral production page for more information.
Data submitted about 100040-AAV1 by requesting scientist(s):
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pAAV.hSyn1.Twitch2B.WPRE.SV40 was a gift from Oliver Griesbeck (Addgene plasmid # 100040 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:100040 ; RRID:Addgene_100040)
For viral preps, please replace (Addgene plasmid # 100040) in the above sentence with: (Addgene viral prep # 100040-AAV1)
For your References section:Optimized ratiometric calcium sensors for functional in vivo imaging of neurons and T lymphocytes. Thestrup T, Litzlbauer J, Bartholomaus I, Mues M, Russo L, Dana H, Kovalchuk Y, Liang Y, Kalamakis G, Laukat Y, Becker S, Witte G, Geiger A, Allen T, Rome LC, Chen TW, Kim DS, Garaschuk O, Griesinger C, Griesbeck O. Nat Methods. 2014 Jan 5. doi: 10.1038/nmeth.2773. 10.1038/nmeth.2773 PubMed 24390440