Backbone manufacturersee pLexA map in "author's map"
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 5700
Vector typeYeast Expression
Growth in Bacteria
Copy numberHigh Copy
Full plasmid sequence is available only if provided by the depositing laboratory.
SpeciesC. elegans (nematode)
Insert Size (bp)1200
/ Fusion Protein
- LexA DNA Binding Domain (N terminal on backbone)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site EcoRI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site PstI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer LexA sequencing primer (CGTCAGCAGAGCTTCACCATTG) (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
Full-length cDNA for C. elegans open-reading frame T03F6.5, encoding the lis-1 gene, cloned into the yeast two-hybrid DNA-binding domain vector pLexA. This vector can be used as the bait for a yeast two-hybrid screen. See "author's map" for picture of empty pLexA vector.
This plasmid is intended for use exclusively as a teaching resource as part of the Integrated Genomics Discovery-Based Laboratory Course. Addgene does not make any guarantee that the plasmid is suitable for research purposes.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pLexA::lis-1 was a gift from Guy Caldwell (Addgene plasmid # 11338)
Map uploaded by the depositor.