DECIPHER Lentiviral shRNA Library, Mouse Mod 1: Pathway Targets
Backbone manufacturerCellecta , Available from Addgene (#28289)
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 7500
Vector typeMammalian Expression, Lentiviral, RNAi
Growth in Bacteria
Growth instructionsPlasmids need to be grown in OmniMAX 2 T1R (Life Technologies) or SURE (Agilent) Recombination defective E.coli cells
Full plasmid sequence is available only if provided by the depositing laboratory.
Gene/Insert namePathway Targets
Alt name4,625 targets; 27,500 shRNAs
SpeciesM. musculus (mouse)
Insert Size (bp)108
MutationBar-code downstream of shRNA
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site BbsI (BpiI) (destroyed during cloning)
- 3′ cloning site BbsI (BpiI) (destroyed during cloning)
- 5′ sequencing primer FwdU6 (CAAGGCTGTTAGAGAGATAATTGGAA) (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Life Technologies Corporation End-User Label License for the use of Cellecta Lentiviral Expression System
- Evrogen IP JSC End User Label License for the use of Cellecta lentiviral shRNA constructs comprising TagRFP-encoded gene
- Cellecta Lentiviral Pooled Plasmid and Packaged shRNA Libraries Limited Use Label License
- Cellecta Lentiviral Pooled Plasmid and Packaged shRNA Libraries Ancillary Agreement
- Ancillary Agreement for Plasmids Containing FP Materials
- Agilent Technologies Inc End User Label License for the use of Cellecta shRNA libraries comprising Oligo Pools
Library is supplied as 120μl of DNA at 1.0μg/μl
DECIPHER libraries are bar-coded lentiviral shRNA libraries optimized for RNAi Genetic Screens in pooled format. The first mouse module is intended for the widest possible screening applications. It consists of the following gene groups:
* Members of the major canonical and non-canonical pathways, covered by KEGG, Reactome, and other expert-curated pathway databases
* Genes on the CSHL Cancer 1000 list and 2500 top-ranking genes from the Cancer Genome Atlas, with priority based on the involvement in canonical pathways and disease association
* Approximately 900 genes with gene products that can be targeted by the FDA-approved small molecule compounds
* Most important genes involved in top MeSH ranking diseases; these are chosen by their position within the pathway and number of nodes of connectivity
Thus, Module 1 is both versatile and wide in scope.
PLEASE NOTE: The DECIPHER shRNA are designed for target mRNA associated with the RefSeq#, not the HUGO gene symbol. We can't guarantee that the gene symbols indicated are accurate, as there may be synonyms, nomenclature updates/changes, or other discrepancies in naming that are beyond our control. Please see the HUGO Gene Nomenclature Committee website at http://www.genenames.org/hgnc-guidelines for more information.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:DECIPHER Lentiviral shRNA Library, Mouse Mod 1: Pathway Targets was a gift from Alex Chenchik & Gus Frangou (Addgene plasmid # 28287)
Map uploaded by the depositor.