|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||50461||Plasmid sent as bacteria in agar stab||1||$65|
|AAV5||50461-AAV5||Viral service discontinued. See similar plasmid (Syn promoter) 44362.|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 4818
- Total vector size (bp) 7772
Growth in Bacteria
Copy numberLow Copy
SpeciesH. sapiens (human)
Insert Size (bp)2175
MutationSee supplemental documents for DREADD mutations
Entrez GeneCHRM4 (a.k.a. HM4, M4R)
- Promoter EF1a
/ Fusion Proteins
- HA (N terminal on insert)
- mCherry (C terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site Asc I (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site Nhe I (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer TTTTTGAGTTTGGATCTTGG
- 3′ sequencing primer GCATTAAAGCAGCGTATCCACATAGC (Common Sequencing Primers)
For more information, see: http://pdspit3.mml.unc.edu/projects/dreadd/wiki/WikiStart
Information for AAV5 (Catalog # 50461-AAV5) ( Back to top )
Addgene no longer distributes this item. Contact [email protected] for more information.
Viral service discontinued. See similar plasmid (Syn promoter) 44362.
Ready-to-use AAV5 particles produced from pAAV-EF1a-DIO-hM4D(Gi)-mCherry (#50461). In addition to the viral particles, you will also receive purified pAAV-EF1a-DIO-hM4D(Gi)-mCherry plasmid DNA.CNO-induced neuronal silencing. EF1a-driven with mCherry reporter. Cre-dependent. These AAV preparations are suitable purity for injection into animals.
- Volume .
- Titer ≥ 3×10¹² vg/mL
- Pricing $350 USD for preparation of . virus + $30 USD for plasmid.
- Storage Store at -80℃. Thaw just before use and keep on ice.
- Shipment Viral particles are shipped frozen on dry ice. Plasmid DNA (≥ 200ng) will also be included in the shipment.
Viral Production & Use
- Packaging Plasmids encode adenoviral helper sequences and AAV rep gene
- Envelope AAV5 cap gene
- Buffer PBS + 0.001% Pluronic F-68 + 200 mM NaCl
- Serotype AAV5
- Purification Iodixanol gradient ultracentrifugation
- Reporter Gene mCherry
Requestor is responsible for compliance with their institution's biosafety regulations. Lentivirus is generally considered BSL-2. AAV is generally considered BSL-1, but may require BSL-2 handling depending on the insert. Biosafety Guide
Terms and Licenses
Viral Quality Control
- Addgene ensures high quality viral vectors by optimizing and standardizing production protocols and performing rigorous quality control (QC) (see a list of our QC assays). The specific QC assays performed varies for each viral lot. To learn which specific QC assays were performed on your lot, please contact us.
- Titer: the exact titer of your sample will be reported on the tube. The titer you see listed on this page is the guaranteed minimum titer. See how titers are measured.
Visit our viral production page for more information.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pAAV-EF1a-DIO-hM4D(Gi)-mCherry was a gift from Bryan Roth (Addgene plasmid # 50461)
For viral preps, please replace (Addgene plasmid # 50461) in the above sentence with: (Addgene viral prep # 50461-AAV5)