|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||51094||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$65|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 6095
- Total vector size (bp) 7175
Modifications to backboneAltered cloning sites and replaced HGHpA with smaller BGHpA
Vector typeMammalian Expression, AAV
Growth in Bacteria
Copy numberHigh Copy
Insert Size (bp)1085
- Promoter EF1a
/ Fusion Protein
- P2A-dTomato (C terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site NheI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site HpaI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer gccagcttggcacttgatgtaattctcc
- 3′ sequencing primer CCATACGGGAAGCAATAGCATG (Common Sequencing Primers)
A portion of this plasmid was derived from a plasmid made byThe original oChIEF portion was obtained from John Lin and Roger Tsien (UCSD/HHMI)
Terms and Licenses
The addition of the E163A and T199C mutations in oChIEF impart higher photocurrent amplitude while retaining fast kinetic properties. This variant is proposed as an alternative to ChETA variants that exhibit smaller photocurrents and more toxicity.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:AAV-EF1a-DIO-oChIEF(E163A/T199C)-P2A-dTomato-WPRE-BGHpA was a gift from Jonathan Ting (Addgene plasmid # 51094 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:51094 ; RRID:Addgene_51094)