pGEX-6P-1 SARS-CoV 3CLpro
Purposeinducible expression of SARS 3CLpro protease
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||61692||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75 *|
Currently unavailable outside the U.S.
* Login to view industry pricing.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 4984
Vector typeBacterial Expression
Growth in Bacteria
Copy numberHigh Copy
Gene/Insert nameSARS 3CLpro protease
- Promoter tac
/ Fusion Proteins
- GST (N terminal on backbone)
- HIS (C terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site BamHI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site EcoRI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer pGEX5'
- 3′ sequencing primer pGEX3' (Common Sequencing Primers)
For protein expression, grow in Rosetta cells.
25 degree induction for 14-15 hours with 0.5 mM IPTG
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pGEX-6P-1 SARS-CoV 3CLpro was a gift from Michael Johnson (Addgene plasmid # 61692 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:61692 ; RRID:Addgene_61692)
For your References section:Identification of novel drug scaffolds for inhibition of SARS-CoV 3-Chymotrypsin-like protease using virtual and high-throughput screenings. Lee H, Mittal A, Patel K, Gatuz JL, Truong L, Torres J, Mulhearn DC, Johnson ME. Bioorg Med Chem. 2014 Jan 1;22(1):167-77. doi: 10.1016/j.bmc.2013.11.041. Epub 2013 Dec 1. 10.1016/j.bmc.2013.11.041 PubMed 24332657