PurposeAn AAV vector expresses FLPo in a Cre recombinase-dependent manner.
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||87306||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
|AAV1||87306-AAV1||Virus (100 µL at titer ≥ 1×10¹³ vg/mL)|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 5601
- Total vector size (bp) 6892
Modifications to backboneModified from Addgene plasmid #20297 and #51669.
Vector typeMammalian Expression, AAV
Growth in Bacteria
Growth Strain(s)NEB Stable
Copy numberHigh Copy
Gene/Insert nameCre-dependent mouse codon-optimized Flp recombinase.
SpeciesM. musculus (mouse), S. cerevisiae (budding yeast), Synthetic
Insert Size (bp)1299
- Promoter EF1a
/ Fusion Protein
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site NheI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site AscI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer AGCTGACAGGTGGTGGCAAT
- 3′ sequencing primer TCAAGCCTCAGACAGTGGTTC (Common Sequencing Primers)
A portion of this plasmid was derived from a plasmid made byModification of Addgene items 20297 (pAAV-EF1a-double floxed-hChR2(H134R)-mCherry-WPRE-HGHpA) and 51669 (AAV phSyn1(S)-FlpO-bGHpA).
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
Articles Citing this Plasmid
Information for AAV1 (Catalog # 87306-AAV1) ( Back to top )
Ready-to-use AAV1 particles produced from AAV pEF1a-DIO-FLPo-WPRE-hGHpA (#87306). In addition to the viral particles, you will also receive purified AAV pEF1a-DIO-FLPo-WPRE-hGHpA plasmid DNA.EF1a-driven, Cre dependent expression of the site-specific recombinase FlpO. These AAV preparations are suitable purity for injection into animals.
- Volume 100 µL
- Titer ≥ 1×10¹³ vg/mL
- Pricing $350 USD for preparation of 100 µL virus + $30 USD for plasmid.
- Storage Store at -80℃. Thaw just before use and keep on ice.
- Shipment Viral particles are shipped frozen on dry ice. Plasmid DNA (≥ 200ng) will also be included in the shipment.
Viral Production & Use
- Packaging Plasmids encode adenoviral helper sequences and AAV rep gene, AAV1 cap gene
- Buffer PBS + 0.001% Pluronic F-68 + 200 mM NaCl
- Serotype AAV1
- Purification Iodixanol gradient ultracentrifugation
Requestor is responsible for compliance with their institution's biosafety regulations. Lentivirus is generally considered BSL-2. AAV is generally considered BSL-1, but may require BSL-2 handling depending on the insert. Biosafety Guide
Viral Quality Control
- Addgene ensures high quality viral vectors by optimizing and standardizing production protocols and performing rigorous quality control (QC) (see a list of our QC assays). The specific QC assays performed varies for each viral lot. To learn which specific QC assays were performed on your lot, please contact us.
- Titer: the exact titer of your sample will be reported on the tube. The titer you see listed on this page is the guaranteed minimum titer. See how titers are measured.
Visit our viral production page for more information.
Using FLEX vectors in vivo: LoxP sites in FLEX plasmids are known to recombine during DNA amplification and viral vector production, which may result in a minority of Cre-activated (i.e., "flipped") viral vectors. Addgene has measured this occurs in 0.01-0.03% of viral vectors in our typical production protocol. This can lead to a small number of cells exhibiting Cre-independent transgene expression in vivo. To address this, we recommend titrating to find the optimal AAV dosage required for Cre-dependent transgene expression and function in vivo. This may include reducing the viral vector dosage in order to reduce the likelihood of Cre-independent expression.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:AAV pEF1a-DIO-FLPo-WPRE-hGHpA was a gift from Li Zhang (Addgene plasmid # 87306 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:87306 ; RRID:Addgene_87306)
For viral preps, please replace (Addgene plasmid # 87306) in the above sentence with: (Addgene viral prep # 87306-AAV1)
For your References section:AAV-Mediated Anterograde Transsynaptic Tagging: Mapping Corticocollicular Input-Defined Neural Pathways for Defense Behaviors. Zingg B, Chou XL, Zhang ZG, Mesik L, Liang F, Tao HW, Zhang LI. Neuron. 2017 Jan 4;93(1):33-47. doi: 10.1016/j.neuron.2016.11.045. Epub 2016 Dec 15. 10.1016/j.neuron.2016.11.045 PubMed 27989459