PurposeA somatic channelrhodopsin, which enables single cell, single millisecond resolution optogenetics. Human Synapsin (hSynapsin) promoter
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||107708||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
|AAV9||107708-AAV9||Virus (100 µL at titer ≥ 1×10¹³ vg/mL) and Plasmid.|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
Vector typeMammalian Expression, AAV
Growth in Bacteria
Growth Strain(s)NEB Stable
Copy numberHigh Copy
Alt nameChloromonas oogama channelrhodopsin, fused to KA2 targeting sequence
Insert Size (bp)2013
- Promoter hSynapsin
/ Fusion Proteins
- KA2 (C terminal on insert)
- EGFP (C terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Gibson Cloning
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
GenBank IDs: soCoChR = MF795583, KA2(1-150) = MF795584
Information for AAV9 (Catalog # 107708-AAV9) ( Back to top )
Ready-to-use AAV9 particles produced from pAAV-hSynapsin- soCoChR-GFP (#107708). In addition to the viral particles, you will also receive purified pAAV-hSynapsin- soCoChR-GFP plasmid DNA.Synapsin-driven somatic CoChR (soCoChR) fused to GFP for optogenetic activation. These AAV preparations are suitable purity for injection into animals.
- Volume 100 µL
- Titer ≥ 1×10¹³ vg/mL
- Pricing $350 USD for preparation of 100 µL virus + $30 USD for plasmid.
- Storage Store at -80℃. Thaw just before use and keep on ice.
- Shipment Viral particles are shipped frozen on dry ice. Plasmid DNA (≥ 200ng) will also be included in the shipment.
Viral Production & Use
- Packaging Plasmids encode adenoviral helper sequences and AAV rep gene, AAV9 cap gene
- Buffer PBS + 0.001% Pluronic F-68
- Serotype AAV9
- Purification Iodixanol gradient ultracentrifugation
- Reporter Gene GFP
Requestor is responsible for compliance with their institution's biosafety regulations. Lentivirus is generally considered BSL-2. AAV is generally considered BSL-1, but may require BSL-2 handling depending on the insert. Biosafety Guide
Viral Quality Control
- Addgene ensures high quality viral vectors by optimizing and standardizing production protocols and performing rigorous quality control (QC) (see a list of our QC assays). The specific QC assays performed varies for each viral lot. To learn which specific QC assays were performed on your lot, please contact us.
- Titer: the exact titer of your sample will be reported on the tube. The titer you see listed on this page is the guaranteed minimum titer. See how titers are measured.
Visit our viral production page for more information.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pAAV-hSynapsin- soCoChR-GFP was a gift from Edward Boyden (Addgene plasmid # 107708 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:107708 ; RRID:Addgene_107708)
For viral preps, please replace (Addgene plasmid # 107708) in the above sentence with: (Addgene viral prep # 107708-AAV9)
For your References section:Temporally precise single-cell-resolution optogenetics. Shemesh OA, Tanese D, Zampini V, Linghu C, Piatkevich K, Ronzitti E, Papagiakoumou E, Boyden ES, Emiliani V. Nat Neurosci. 2017 Dec;20(12):1796-1806. doi: 10.1038/s41593-017-0018-8. Epub 2017 Nov 13. 10.1038/s41593-017-0018-8 PubMed 29184208