PurposeFor enriched expression of GCaMP6s in axons
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||111262||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
|AAV1||111262-AAV1||Virus (100 µL at titer ≥ 1×10¹³ vg/mL) and Plasmid.|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 4585
- Total vector size (bp) 5989
Vector typeMammalian Expression, AAV
Growth in Bacteria
Growth Strain(s)NEB Stable
Copy numberHigh Copy
Insert Size (bp)1404
- Promoter hSynapsin1
/ Fusion Protein
- GAP43 palmitoylation domain (N terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site BamHI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site HindIII (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer GAAGGCGCGCTGACGTCACTCGCCG
- 3′ sequencing primer CAAATTTTGTAATCCAGAGGTTGATT (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
Information for AAV1 (Catalog # 111262-AAV1) ( Back to top )
Ready-to-use AAV1 particles produced from pAAV-hSynapsin1-axon-GCaMP6s (#111262). In addition to the viral particles, you will also receive purified pAAV-hSynapsin1-axon-GCaMP6s plasmid DNA.Synapsin-driven, axon-targeted GCaMP6s calcium sensor. These AAV preparations are suitable purity for injection into animals.
- Volume 100 µL
- Titer ≥ 1×10¹³ vg/mL
- Pricing $350 USD for preparation of 100 µL virus + $30 USD for plasmid.
- Storage Store at -80℃. Thaw just before use and keep on ice.
- Shipment Viral particles are shipped frozen on dry ice. Plasmid DNA (≥ 200ng) will also be included in the shipment.
Viral Production & Use
- Packaging Plasmids encode adenoviral helper sequences and AAV rep gene, AAV1 cap gene
- Buffer PBS + 0.001% Pluronic F-68 + 200 mM NaCl
- Serotype AAV1
- Purification Iodixanol gradient ultracentrifugation
Requestor is responsible for compliance with their institution's biosafety regulations. Lentivirus is generally considered BSL-2. AAV is generally considered BSL-1, but may require BSL-2 handling depending on the insert. Biosafety Guide
Viral Quality Control
- Addgene ensures high quality viral vectors by optimizing and standardizing production protocols and performing rigorous quality control (QC) (see a list of our QC assays). The specific QC assays performed varies for each viral lot. To learn which specific QC assays were performed on your lot, please contact us.
- Titer: the exact titer of your sample will be reported on the tube. The titer you see listed on this page is the guaranteed minimum titer. See how titers are measured.
Visit our viral production page for more information.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pAAV-hSynapsin1-axon-GCaMP6s was a gift from Lin Tian (Addgene plasmid # 111262 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:111262 ; RRID:Addgene_111262)
For viral preps, please replace (Addgene plasmid # 111262) in the above sentence with: (Addgene viral prep # 111262-AAV1)
For your References section:In vivo measurement of afferent activity with axon-specific calcium imaging. Broussard GJ, Liang Y, Fridman M, Unger EK, Meng G, Xiao X, Ji N, Petreanu L, Tian L. Nat Neurosci. 2018 Sep;21(9):1272-1280. doi: 10.1038/s41593-018-0211-4. Epub 2018 Aug 20. 10.1038/s41593-018-0211-4 PubMed 30127424