|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||11743||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$85 *|
* Login to view industry pricing.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 4700
Vector typeMammalian Expression
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Ampicillin, 100 μg/mL
Copy numberHigh Copy
SpeciesM. musculus (mouse)
Insert Size (bp)1600
Entrez GeneSmad4 (a.k.a. D18Wsu70e, DPC4, Madh4)
- Promoter CMV
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site EcoRI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site XbaI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer CMV-F
- 3′ sequencing primer hGH-pA-R (5'-CCAGCTTGGTTCCCAATAGA-3') (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
The Smad4 insert in this plasmid contains a A152V mutation compared to GenBank reference sequence NM_008540.2
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pCMV5B-Smad4 was a gift from Jeff Wrana (Addgene plasmid # 11743 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:11743 ; RRID:Addgene_11743)
For your References section:MADR2 is a substrate of the TGFbeta receptor and its phosphorylation is required for nuclear accumulation and signaling. Macias-Silva M, Abdollah S, Hoodless PA, Pirone R, Attisano L, Wrana JL. Cell. 1996 Dec 27. 87(7):1215-24. 10.1016/S0092-8674(00)81817-6 PubMed 8980228