|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||12606||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
Backbone manufacturerNew England Biolabs
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 7280
Vector typeBacterial Expression
Growth in Bacteria
Copy numberHigh Copy
Gene/Insert nameEscherichia coli surA
Insert Size (bp)1224
Entrez GenesurA (a.k.a. b0053, ECK0054)
/ Fusion Protein
- intein (C terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site NdeI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site KpnI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer T7 (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:EC.SurA.pTYB1.a21-428.wt was a gift from David McKay (Addgene plasmid # 12606 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:12606 ; RRID:Addgene_12606)
For your References section:Crystallographic structure of SurA, a molecular chaperone that facilitates folding of outer membrane porins. Bitto E, McKay DB. Structure. 2002 Nov . 10(11):1489-98. 10.1016/S0969-2126(02)00877-8 PubMed 12429090