|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||13765||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$85|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 3078
Vector typeMammalian Expression
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Ampicillin, 100 μg/mL
Copy numberHigh Copy
Gene/Insert nameCrx promoter
SpeciesM. musculus (mouse)
Insert Size (bp)5726
Entrez GeneCrx (a.k.a. Crx1)
/ Fusion Protein
- DsRed2 (C terminal on backbone)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site SpeI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site NotI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer n/a (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
The mouse Crx promoter is active in photoreceptor and bipolar cells in the retina.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pCrx-DsRed was a gift from Connie Cepko (Addgene plasmid # 13765 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:13765 ; RRID:Addgene_13765)
For your References section:Controlled expression of transgenes introduced by in vivo electroporation. Matsuda T, Cepko CL. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007 Jan 5. ():. 10.1073/pnas.0610155104 PubMed 17209010