|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||14861||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$85|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 5400
Vector typeMammalian Expression
Selectable markersNeomycin (select with G418)
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Ampicillin, 100 μg/mL
Copy numberHigh Copy
Gene/Insert nameC kinase activity reporter
/ Fusion Proteins
- CFP (N terminal on insert)
- YFP (C terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site HindIII (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site XbaI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer T7 (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
Phosphoacceptor threonine in the PKC substrate sequence changed to alanine. PKC substrate sequence flanked by flexible linker sequence: GGSGG RFRRFQALKIKAKA GGSGG. See CKAR for additional information.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:CKAR-T/A was a gift from Alexandra Newton (Addgene plasmid # 14861 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:14861 ; RRID:Addgene_14861)
For your References section:A genetically encoded fluorescent reporter reveals oscillatory phosphorylation by protein kinase C. Violin JD, Zhang J, Tsien RY, Newton AC. J Cell Biol. 2003 Jun 9. 161(5):899-909. 10.1083/jcb.200302125 PubMed 12782683