|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||14862||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 5400
Vector typeMammalian Expression
Selectable markersNeomycin (select with G418)
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Ampicillin, 100 μg/mL
Copy numberHigh Copy
Gene/Insert nameC kinase activity reporter
/ Fusion Proteins
- Myr/Palm (N terminal on insert)
- CFP (N terminal on insert)
- YFP (C terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site HindIII (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site XbaI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer T7 (Common Sequencing Primers)
Articles Citing this Plasmid
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
The MyrPalm tag in this plasmid uses the Lyn kinase amino terminal sequence of MGCIKSK from UniProtKB reference sequence P07948.3. This sequence encodes for myristoylation and palmitoylation, shown previously to be sufficient to target a protein to the plasma membrane.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:MyrPalm-CKAR was a gift from Alexandra Newton (Addgene plasmid # 14862 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:14862 ; RRID:Addgene_14862)
For your References section:A genetically encoded fluorescent reporter reveals oscillatory phosphorylation by protein kinase C. Violin JD, Zhang J, Tsien RY, Newton AC. J Cell Biol. 2003 Jun 9. 161(5):899-909. 10.1083/jcb.200302125 PubMed 12782683