|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||20954||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 9250
Vector typeMammalian Expression, Lentiviral
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Ampicillin, 100 μg/mL
Copy numberHigh Copy
Gene/Insert namevolvox channelrhodopsin-1
Insert Size (bp)1626
/ Fusion Protein
- YFP (C terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site AgeI (unknown if destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site EcoRI (unknown if destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer n/a (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
Please see http://www.optogenetics.org
for additional information.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pLenti-CaMKIIa-VChR1-EYFP-WPRE was a gift from Karl Deisseroth (Addgene plasmid # 20954 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:20954 ; RRID:Addgene_20954)
For your References section:Red-shifted optogenetic excitation: a tool for fast neural control derived from Volvox carteri. Zhang F, Prigge M, Beyriere F, Tsunoda SP, Mattis J, Yizhar O, Hegemann P, Deisseroth K. Nat Neurosci. 2008 Jun . 11(6):631-3. 10.1038/nn.2120 PubMed 18432196