|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||41596||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 2300
Vector typeYeast genomic targeting
Growth in Bacteria
Insert Size (bp)1403
/ Fusion Proteins
- A. gossypii translation elongation factor 1a gene promoter (N terminal on insert)
- A. gossypii translation elongation factor 1a gene terminator (C terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site BglII (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site PmeI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer Sp6_primer
- 3′ sequencing primer T7_promoter (Common Sequencing Primers)
Please note that the associated publication contains important primer information for the intended application of this plasmid, but refers to a version of the plasmid containing the S. pombe HIS5 gene while this plasmid contains the S. kluyveri HIS3 gene. The generation of both plasmids is described in Wach, A., Brachat, A., Alberti-Segui, C., Rebischung, C. and Philippsen, P. (1997). Heterologous HIS3 marker and GFP reporter modules for PCR-targeting in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast 13, 1065–1075. Pubmed ID: 9290211.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pFA6a-His3MX6 was a gift from John Pringle (Addgene plasmid # 41596 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:41596 ; RRID:Addgene_41596)
For your References section:Additional modules for versatile and economical PCR-based gene deletion and modification in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Longtine MS, McKenzie A 3rd, Demarini DJ, Shah NG, Wach A, Brachat A, Philippsen P, Pringle JR. Yeast. 1998 Jul;14(10):953-61. 10.1002/(SICI)1097-0061(199807)14:10<953::AID-YEA293>3.0.CO;2-U PubMed 9717241