PurposeReaChR-citrine in AAV2 vector under human synapsin promoter
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||50954||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 4589
- Total vector size (bp) 6375
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Ampicillin, 100 μg/mL
Growth Strain(s)NEB Stable
Growth instructionsRegular growing condition.
Insert Size (bp)1776
- Promoter truncated human Synapsin promoter
/ Fusion Protein
- citrine (C terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site BamHI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site HindIII (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer none
- 3′ sequencing primer none (Common Sequencing Primers)
A portion of this plasmid was derived from a plasmid made byFrom Dr. Lin Tian at Janelia Farm Research Campus (currently at UC Davis)
Articles Citing this Plasmid
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
WPRE is inserted after the citrine before SV40 polyA.
Please note: Based on the Addgene QC results, the AgeI site shown in the depositor's sequence is not present in this vector. There are other sequence discrepancies that do not have functional consequence.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:AAV-ReaChR-citrine was a gift from Roger Tsien (Addgene plasmid # 50954 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:50954 ; RRID:Addgene_50954)
For your References section:ReaChR: a red-shifted variant of channelrhodopsin enables deep transcranial optogenetic excitation. Lin JY, Knutsen PM, Muller A, Kleinfeld D, Tsien RY. Nat Neurosci. 2013 Oct;16(10):1499-508. doi: 10.1038/nn.3502. Epub 2013 Sep 1. 10.1038/nn.3502 PubMed 23995068