PurposeReaChR-citrine in lentival transfer vector under human synapsin promoter
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||50956||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
Backbone manufacturerDeisseroth / Boyden lab
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 8451
- Total vector size (bp) 10227
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Ampicillin, 100 μg/mL
Growth Strain(s)NEB Stable
Growth instructionsDue to the lentiviral long terminal repeats, using Stbl3 and Stbl2 cells would minimize the recombination event. We have not observed recombination with regular DH5alpha in our experience.
Copy numberLow Copy
Insert Size (bp)1776
- Promoter human synapsin promoter
/ Fusion Protein
- citrine (C terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site BamHI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site NheI, EcoRI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer none
- 3′ sequencing primer none (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pLenti-ReaChR-citrine was a gift from Roger Tsien (Addgene plasmid # 50956 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:50956 ; RRID:Addgene_50956)
For your References section:ReaChR: a red-shifted variant of channelrhodopsin enables deep transcranial optogenetic excitation. Lin JY, Knutsen PM, Muller A, Kleinfeld D, Tsien RY. Nat Neurosci. 2013 Oct;16(10):1499-508. doi: 10.1038/nn.3502. Epub 2013 Sep 1. 10.1038/nn.3502 PubMed 23995068