PurposeLuciferase reporter to measure miR-155 mediated differential repression. Contains INSIG2 3' UTR and wild-type miR-155 sites
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||60798||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
Backbone manufacturerBartel lab (Addgene plasmid # 12179)
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 4085
Vector typeMammalian Expression, Luciferase
Growth in Bacteria
Copy numberHigh Copy
Gene/Insert nameINSIG2 3'UTR and wild-type miR-155 binding site
SpeciesH. sapiens (human)
Entrez GeneINSIG2 (a.k.a. INSIG-2)
- Promoter thymidine kinase (HSV-TK promoter)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site XbaI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site NotI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer chim-int-F (5'-TCTTACTGACATCCACTTTGCC-3') to confirm luciferase
- 3′ sequencing primer EBV-rev (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pIS1 INSIG2 was a gift from David Bartel (Addgene plasmid # 60798 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:60798 ; RRID:Addgene_60798)
For your References section:Global analyses of the effect of different cellular contexts on microRNA targeting. Nam JW, Rissland OS, Koppstein D, Abreu-Goodger C, Jan CH, Agarwal V, Yildirim MA, Rodriguez A, Bartel DP. Mol Cell. 2014 Mar 20;53(6):1031-43. doi: 10.1016/j.molcel.2014.02.013. Epub 2014 Mar 13. 10.1016/j.molcel.2014.02.013 PubMed 24631284