|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||67958||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
Backbone manufacturerInvitrogen (TRex Kit)
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 5078
- Total vector size (bp) 6833
Vector typeMammalian Expression
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Ampicillin, 100 μg/mL
Gene/Insert nameChannelrhodopsin 2 opt
Insert Size (bp)1761
Mutationsynthetically produced for mammalian optimized coding; H134R *(see below)
- Promoter CMV -TetON
/ Fusion Protein
- mKatushka (C terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Unknown
- 5′ sequencing primer CMVfor; CGAATTTAAAAACCCCAGCA; GTCCAAGGGCGAGGAACT
- 3′ sequencing primer TGCTGTAGTCGTTGCTCAGG; CCTTCCACCACCTTGATCT; GATGGCTGGCAACTAGAAGG (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
*Note: This plasmid contains a standard, published H134R variant of Channelrhodopsin 2 that is reported to increase the currents achieved by the channel (see Nagel et al. 2005).
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pcDNA4_ChR2opt_mKATE was a gift from Andreas Offenhäusser (Addgene plasmid # 67958 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:67958 ; RRID:Addgene_67958)