|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||28017||Plasmid sent as bacteria in agar stab||1||$65|
Virus (100 µL at titer ≥ 7×10¹² vg/mL)
and Plasmid. More Information
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 4761
Vector typeAAV ; adeno associate viral
Growth in Bacteria
Copy numberLow Copy
Gene/Insert namehumanized ChR2-H134R-tdTomato
Insert Size (bp)2363
/ Fusion Protein
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site EcoRI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site HindIII (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer TCGGCTTCTGGCGTGTGACCGG (Common Sequencing Primers)
With ITRs, this vector is easy to have recombination. Check with multiple restriction digestions.
Note that though there is a point mutation in the tdTomato, it does not affect fluorescence.
Information for AAV Retrograde (Catalog # 28017-AAVrg) ( Back to top )
Ready-to-use AAV Retrograde particles produced from AAV-CAG-hChR2-H134R-tdTomato (#28017). In addition to the viral particles, you will also receive purified AAV-CAG-hChR2-H134R-tdTomato plasmid DNA.Humanized channelrhodopsin H134R mutant fused to tdTomato, under the control of the CAG promoter. These AAV were produced with a retrograde serotype, which permits retrograde access to projection neurons. These AAV preparations are suitable purity for injection into animals.
- Volume 100 µL
- Titer ≥ 7×10¹² vg/mL
- Pricing $350 USD for preparation of 100 µL virus + $30 USD for plasmid.
- Storage Store at -80℃. Thaw just before use and keep on ice.
- Shipment Viral particles are shipped frozen on dry ice. Plasmid DNA (≥ 200ng) will also be included in the shipment.
Viral Production & Use
- Packaging Plasmids encode adenoviral helper sequences and AAV rep gene
AAV retrograde cap gene
rAAV2-retro helper (plasmid #81070)
- Buffer PBS + 0.001% Pluronic F-68 + 200 mM NaCl
- Serotype AAVrg rAAV2-retro helper (plasmid #81070)
- Purification Iodixanol gradient ultracentrifugation
- Reporter Gene tdTomato
Requestor is responsible for compliance with their institution's biosafety regulations. Lentivirus is generally considered BSL-2. AAV is generally considered BSL-1, but may require BSL-2 handling depending on the insert. Biosafety Guide
Terms and Licenses
Viral Quality Control
- Purity of viral preparation: Viral preparations were subjected to polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (PAGE) followed by silver staining and the molecular weight and relative intensity of the viral capsid proteins was analyzed. The abundance of viral capsid proteins as a fraction of total protein present in the sample was used to determine purity of the AAV preparation.
- PCR confirmation of viral genome: PCR was carried out on the viral preparation with primers that amplify the transgene. The PCR products were visualized on an agarose gel for size confirmation.
ChR2-H134R Rev: TGACCTACGGTGGAGCCATA
Visit our viral production page for more information.
Addgene CommentsRetrograde functionality is dependent on high viral titers. Addgene recommends not diluting your AAV preps prior to use.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:AAV-CAG-hChR2-H134R-tdTomato was a gift from Karel Svoboda (Addgene plasmid # 28017)
For viral preps, please replace (Addgene plasmid # 28017) in the above sentence with: (Addgene viral prep # 28017-AAVrg)
For your References section:Long-Range Neuronal Circuits Underlying the Interaction between Sensory and Motor Cortex. Mao T, Kusefoglu D, Hooks BM, Huber D, Petreanu L, Svoboda K. Neuron. 2011 Oct 6;72(1):111-23. 10.1016/j.neuron.2011.07.029 PubMed 21982373