PurposeBacterial expression of a fluorescent protein, tandem dimer Tomato (tdTomato)
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||91767||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$85|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
Vector backbonemodified pRSETB
Backbone manufacturerLife Technologies
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 2900
Vector typeBacterial Expression
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Ampicillin, 100 μg/mL
Growth instructionsE. coli expressing T7 polymerase necessary for fluorescent protein production. Expresses fluorescent protein constitutively. Do not add IPTG.
Copy numberHigh Copy
Gene/Insert nametandem dimer Tomato
SpeciesDiscosoma sp. (mushroom coral)
Insert Size (bp)1431
- Promoter T7
/ Fusion Protein
- Hexa-Histidine tag, Xpress epitope for detection with the anti-Xpress antibody, and enterokinase cleavage site. (N terminal on backbone)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site BamHI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site EcoRI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer T7 Promoter Forward
- 3′ sequencing primer T7 Terminator (Common Sequencing Primers)
Article Citing this Plasmid
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
These plasmids are used in University Molecular Biology Laboratories and by High School students to purify fluorescent proteins and create fluorescent protein plate artwork.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pNCS tdTomato was a gift from Erik Rodriguez & Roger Tsien (Addgene plasmid # 91767 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:91767 ; RRID:Addgene_91767)
For your References section:Improved monomeric red, orange and yellow fluorescent proteins derived from Discosoma sp. red fluorescent protein. Shaner NC, Campbell RE, Steinbach PA, Giepmans BN, Palmer AE, Tsien RY. Nat Biotechnol. 2004 Dec;22(12):1567-72. Epub 2004 Nov 21. 10.1038/nbt1037 PubMed 15558047