|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||12265||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$65|
|Lentiviral Prep||12265-LV||Virus (1 mL at titer ≥ 1x10⁶ TU/mL)|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 9795
Vector typeMammalian Expression, Lentiviral, Cre/Lox
Growth in Bacteria
Growth instructionsUse Stbl3 or HB101 to reduce chance of recombination. Grow at 37C
Copy numberHigh Copy
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ sequencing primer CMV forward (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
Information for Lentiviral Prep (Catalog # 12265-LV) ( Back to top )
Ready-to-use Lentiviral Prep particles produced from pHR-CMV-nlsCRE (#12265). In addition to the viral particles, you will also receive purified pHR-CMV-nlsCRE plasmid DNA.Lentiviral particles carrying CRE recombinase.
- Volume 1 mL
- Titer ≥1x10⁶ TU/mL
- Pricing $100 USD for preparation of 1 mL virus + $30 USD for plasmid.
- Storage Store at -80℃. Thaw just before use and keep on ice.
- Shipment Viral particles are shipped frozen on dry ice. Plasmid DNA (≥ 200ng) will also be included in the shipment.
Viral Production & Use
Requestor is responsible for compliance with their institution's biosafety regulations. Lentivirus is generally considered BSL-2. AAV is generally considered BSL-1, but may require BSL-2 handling depending on the insert. Biosafety Guide
Terms and Licenses
Viral Quality Control
- Proviral Integration Assay: Lenti-X 293T cells were serially transduced with 12265-LV or a control virus of known titer. 72 hours after transduction cells were harvested, and gDNA extracted and assessed for integrated copies of WPRE.
- PCR confirmation of insert: PCR was carried out with primers targeting CRE and WPRE. The PCR product was visualized on an agarose gel for size confirmation.
Forward Primer: CMV-F TTTACGGCGCTAAGGATGAC
Reverse Primer: WPRE-R CATAGCGTAAAAGGAGCAACA
- Confirmation of Cre activity: Expression of Cre following transduction with 12265-LV was confirmed using a Cre reporter assay.
- Toxicity: Please note that that Cre expression is toxic in some cell lines due to cryptic loxP sites in the genome. If you are unsure how your cell line of interest tolerates Cre expression, consider transducing with a range MOIs or transducing an array of cell lines.
Visit our viral production page for more information.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pHR-CMV-nlsCRE was a gift from Didier Trono (Addgene plasmid # 12265 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:12265 ; RRID:Addgene_12265)
For viral preps, please replace (Addgene plasmid # 12265) in the above sentence with: (Addgene viral prep # 12265-LV)
For your References section:Lentivector-mediated transfer of Bmi-1 and telomerase in muscle satellite cells yields a duchenne myoblast cell line with long-term genotypic and phenotypic stability. Cudre-Mauroux C, Occhiodoro T, Konig S, Salmon P, Bernheim L, Trono D. Hum Gene Ther. 2003 Nov 1. 14(16):1525-33. 10.1089/104303403322495034 PubMed 14577914