PurposeRenilla SV40 promoter (no enhancer) reporter gene for normalization of luciferase experiments
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||27163||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 4045
Vector typeMammalian Expression, Luciferase
Growth in Bacteria
Copy numberHigh Copy
Gene/Insert nameSV40 promoter
/ Fusion Protein
- Renilla Luciferase (C terminal on backbone)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site BglII (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site HindIII (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer SV40pro-F (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
pRL-SV40P was generated by placing the simian virus 40 (SV40) promoter from pGL3-Promoter (Promega) into pRL-TK such that the SV40 promoter is driving the Renilla luciferase gene.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pRL-SV40P was a gift from Ron Prywes (Addgene plasmid # 27163 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:27163 ; RRID:Addgene_27163)
For your References section:Serum-induced expression of the cdc25A gene by relief of E2F-mediated repression. Chen X, Prywes R. Mol Cell Biol. 1999 Jul . 19(7):4695-702. PubMed 10373518