pcDNA3 mCerulean LIC cloning vector (6E)
Price$65 (USD)FormatShipped as bacteria in an agar stab at ambient temperature
- Backbone size (bp) 6145
Vector typeMammalian Expression
Selectable markersNeomycin (select with G418)
Growth in Bacteria
Copy numberHigh Copy
/ Fusion Protein
- mCerulean (C terminal on backbone)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site LIC site vKoz/GFP (destroyed during cloning)
- 3′ cloning site LIC site vKoz/GFP (destroyed during cloning)
- 5′ sequencing primer CMV F (5'cgcaaatgggcggtaggcgtg)
- 3′ sequencing primer GFP reverse (5'cagctcgaccaggatgggc3') (Common Sequencing Primers)
This is an empty LIC vector derived from pcDNA3. It adds an mCerulean gene to the C-terminus of your protein of interest.
mCerulean has a excitation max of 435 nm and an emission max of 477 nm.
To clone into this vector, add the following tags to your PCR primers:
LIC vKoz Forward tag 5’-TACTTCCAATCCAATGCCACC(ATG)
LIC vGFP Reverse tag 5’-CTCCCACTACCAATGCC
Do NOT include a stop codon with your reverse primer.
T4-treat PCR with dCTP. Linearize vector with SspI, then T4-treat with dGTP. Can verify the presence of insert by digesting with HindIII and XbaI.
For more information, please see our website:
For your Materials & Methods section:pcDNA3 mCerulean LIC cloning vector (6E) was a gift from Scott Gradia (Addgene plasmid # 30128)
Map generated by Addgene from full sequence supplied by depositor.