|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||53129||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Total vector size (bp) 7049
Vector typeMammalian Expression, Luciferase
Growth in Bacteria
Gene/Insert namegfa2 promoter fragment
Alt nameglial fibrillary acidic protein
SpeciesH. sapiens (human)
Mutationcontains -2163 to +47 (the human gfa2 segment), with the initiating ATG mutated to TTG
Entrez GeneGFAP (a.k.a. ALXDRD)
- Promoter gfa2
/ Fusion Protein
- luciferase (C terminal on backbone)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site BglII (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site HindIII (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer RVprimer3
- 3′ sequencing primer LucNRev (Common Sequencing Primers)
The Bgl II/Hind III gfa2 promoter fragment is from pGfa-CAT2 (for construction of pGfa-CAT2, see Besnard et al. 1991).
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pGfa2-luc3 was a gift from Michael Brenner (Addgene plasmid # 53129 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:53129 ; RRID:Addgene_53129)