|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||55634||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$65|
|AAV Retrograde||55634-AAVrg||Virus (100µL at titer ≥ 7×10¹² vg/mL)|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 5315
- Total vector size (bp) 7888
Vector typeMammalian Expression, AAV
Growth in Bacteria
Copy numberHigh Copy
Insert Size (bp)708
- Promoter Ef1a
Cloning Information for Gene/Insert 1
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site BamHI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site AscI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer CACCCACACAAAGGAAAAGGGCC
- 3′ sequencing primer CTTATACACGTGGCTTTTGG (Common Sequencing Primers)
SpeciesM. musculus (mouse)
Insert Size (bp)1272
- Promoter Ef1a/IRES
Cloning Information for Gene/Insert 2
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site AscI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site EcoRI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer aaccccccacctggcgacag
- 3′ sequencing primer GCAATAGCATGATACAAAGG (Common Sequencing Primers)
Information for AAV Retrograde (Catalog # 55634-AAVrg) ( Back to top )
Ready-to-use AAV Retrograde particles produced from pAAV-EF1a-mCherry-IRES-Flpo (#55634). In addition to the viral particles, you will also receive purified pAAV-EF1a-mCherry-IRES-Flpo plasmid DNA.Flpo and bicistronic (IRES) mCherry expression under the EF1a promoter. These AAV preparations are suitable purity for injection into animals. These AAV were produced with a retrograde serotype, which permits retrograde access to projection neurons. These AAV preparations are suitable purity for injection into animals.
- Volume 100 µL
- Titer ≥ 7×10¹² vg/mL
- Pricing $350 USD for preparation of 100 µL virus + $30 USD for plasmid.
- Storage Store at -80℃. Thaw just before use and keep on ice.
- Shipment Viral particles are shipped frozen on dry ice. Plasmid DNA (≥ 200ng) will also be included in the shipment.
Viral Production & Use
- Packaging Plasmids encode adenoviral helper sequences and AAV rep gene, AAV retrograde cap gene from rAAV2-retro helper (plasmid #81070)
- Buffer PBS + 0.001% Pluronic F-68 + 200 mM NaCl
- Serotype AAV retrograde (AAVrg)
- Purification Iodixanol gradient ultracentrifugation
- Reporter Gene bicistronic mCherry
Requestor is responsible for compliance with their institution's biosafety regulations. Lentivirus is generally considered BSL-2. AAV is generally considered BSL-1, but may require BSL-2 handling depending on the insert. Biosafety Guide
Terms and Licenses
Viral Quality Control
- Addgene ensures high quality viral vectors by optimizing and standardizing production protocols and performing rigorous quality control (QC) (see a list of our QC assays). The specific QC assays performed varies for each viral lot. To learn which specific QC assays were performed on your lot, please contact us.
- Titer: the exact titer of your sample will be reported on the tube. The titer you see listed on this page is the guaranteed minimum titer. See how titers are measured.
Visit our viral production page for more information.
Addgene CommentsRetrograde functionality is dependent on high viral titers. Addgene recommends not diluting your AAV preps prior to use.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pAAV-EF1a-mCherry-IRES-Flpo was a gift from Karl Deisseroth (Addgene plasmid # 55634)
For viral preps, please replace (Addgene plasmid # 55634) in the above sentence with: (Addgene viral prep # 55634-AAVrg)