PurposeExpresses Cre in Mammalian Cells
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||55636||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
|AAV Retrograde||55636-AAVrg||Virus (100 µL at titer ≥ 7×10¹² vg/mL) and Plasmid.|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 5331
- Total vector size (bp) 6383
Vector typeMammalian Expression, AAV
Growth in Bacteria
Copy numberHigh Copy
Insert Size (bp)1053
- Promoter Ef1a
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site BamHI (not destroyed)
- 3′ cloning site EcoRI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer CACCCACACAAAGGAAAAGGGCC
- 3′ sequencing primer GCAATAGCATGATACAAAGG (Common Sequencing Primers)
Information for AAV Retrograde (Catalog # 55636-AAVrg) ( Back to top )
Ready-to-use AAV Retrograde particles produced from pAAV-EF1a-Cre (#55636). In addition to the viral particles, you will also receive purified pAAV-EF1a-Cre plasmid DNA.EF1a-driven expression of Cre recombinase. These AAV were produced with a retrograde serotype, which permits retrograde access to projection neurons. These AAV preparations are suitable purity for injection into animals.
- Volume 100 µL
- Titer ≥ 7×10¹² vg/mL
- Pricing $350 USD for preparation of 100 µL virus + $30 USD for plasmid.
- Storage Store at -80℃. Thaw just before use and keep on ice.
- Shipment Viral particles are shipped frozen on dry ice. Plasmid DNA (≥ 200ng) will also be included in the shipment.
Viral Production & Use
Requestor is responsible for compliance with their institution's biosafety regulations. Lentivirus is generally considered BSL-2. AAV is generally considered BSL-1, but may require BSL-2 handling depending on the insert. Biosafety Guide
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
Viral Quality Control
- Addgene ensures high quality viral vectors by optimizing and standardizing production protocols and performing rigorous quality control (QC) (see a list of our QC assays). The specific QC assays performed varies for each viral lot. To learn which specific QC assays were performed on your lot, please contact us.
- Titer: the exact titer of your sample will be reported on the tube. The titer you see listed on this page is the guaranteed minimum titer. See how titers are measured.
Visit our viral production page for more information.
Addgene CommentsRetrograde functionality is dependent on high viral titers. Addgene recommends not diluting your AAV preps prior to use.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pAAV-EF1a-Cre was a gift from Karl Deisseroth (Addgene plasmid # 55636 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:55636 ; RRID:Addgene_55636)
For viral preps, please replace (Addgene plasmid # 55636) in the above sentence with: (Addgene viral prep # 55636-AAVrg)
For your References section:Targeting cells with single vectors using multiple-feature Boolean logic. Fenno LE, Mattis J, Ramakrishnan C, Hyun M, Lee SY, He M, Tucciarone J, Selimbeyoglu A, Berndt A, Grosenick L, Zalocusky KA, Bernstein H, Swanson H, Perry C, Diester I, Boyce FM, Bass CE, Neve R, Huang ZJ, Deisseroth K. Nat Methods. 2014 Jul;11(7):763-72. doi: 10.1038/nmeth.2996. Epub 2014 Jun 8. 10.1038/nmeth.2996 PubMed 24908100