|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||12130||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$75|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 9761
Vector typeInsect Expression
Growth in Bacteria
Gene/Insert nametransferrin receptor
SpeciesH. sapiens (human)
Insert Size (bp)2000
MutationThe portion of the human TfR gene encoding residues 121-760 were fused 3' to a gene segment encoding the hydrophobic leader peptide from the baculovirus protein gp67, a 6X-His tag, and a factor Xa cleavage site in a modified version of the pAcG67A expression vector.
Entrez GeneTFRC (a.k.a. CD71, IMD46, T9, TFR, TFR1, TR, TRFR, p90)
/ Fusion Proteins
- leader peptide from baculovirus protein gp67 (N terminal on insert)
- 6X-His tag (N terminal on insert)
- Factor Xa cleavage site (N terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ sequencing primer 5' AAT TTAA AAT gAT AAC CAT CTC gC 3'
- 3′ sequencing primer 5' gAA gCg ggT CCA AgT TTC CCT g 3' (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pAcGP67A-TfR was a gift from Pamela Bjorkman (Addgene plasmid # 12130 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:12130 ; RRID:Addgene_12130)
For your References section:Crystal structure of the hemochromatosis protein HFE and characterization of its interaction with transferrin receptor. Lebron JA, Bennett MJ, Vaughn DE, Chirino AJ, Snow PM, Mintier GA, Feder JN, Bjorkman PJ. Cell. 1998 Apr 3. 93(1):111-23. 10.1016/S0092-8674(00)81151-4 PubMed 9546397