|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||13767||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$85|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
- Backbone size w/o insert (bp) 3087
Vector typeMammalian Expression
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Ampicillin, 100 μg/mL
Copy numberHigh Copy
Gene/Insert nameHes1 promoter
Insert Size (bp)1828
/ Fusion Protein
- DsRed2 (C terminal on backbone)
- Cloning method Restriction Enzyme
- 5′ cloning site SpeI (destroyed during cloning)
- 3′ cloning site NotI (not destroyed)
- 5′ sequencing primer na
- 3′ sequencing primer DsRed1-N (Common Sequencing Primers)
Articles Citing this Plasmid
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
The mouse Hes1 promoter is specific for progenitor cells in the retina. This promoter is also weakly active in Muller glia in the differentiated retina.
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pHes1-DsRed was a gift from Connie Cepko (Addgene plasmid # 13767 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:13767 ; RRID:Addgene_13767)
For your References section:Controlled expression of transgenes introduced by in vivo electroporation. Matsuda T, Cepko CL. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007 Jan 5. ():. 10.1073/pnas.0610155104 PubMed 17209010